Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Making noisese while i sleep

Question
For years mow i have been making a strange croakie uhhhhing sound during sleeping it has got so bad recently that it wakes me up and is sending my girlfriend loopie and i may have a start sleeping on the sofa as it is that bad. I have asked my girlfriend if she thinks i have stopped breathing or not but she is not sure.Any advise would be great


Answer
It sounds to me like it could be sleep apnea.  My suggestion is that you go to a sleepcenter your local hospital can refer you and they will monitor your sleep while you sleep overnight there to rule out sleep apnea.  For now if you are overweight losing ev en 5 pounds can help as well as sleeping on 2 pillows.   You might want to try breathe easy snore strips they sell over the counter at your local pharmacy, though I dont know if they really work but some say it helps.   Go to sleepnet.com click on disorders sleep apnea for more information as well as go to sleep apnea.com feel free to email again karel